Women in Poker Hall of Fame Now Accepting Nominations for 2012 Class
The Women in Poker Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations for their 2012 class. Since 2008, the WIPHOF has honored the women of professional poker who have made lasting contributions to the game either through their play or their involvement in the poker industry.
In 2008, the initial class consisted of three-time WSOP bracelet winner Barbara Enright as well as Linda Johnson, Susie Isaacs, and Marsha Waggoner. Enright and Johnson are the only two women in poker history to be inducted in both the Women in Poker Hall of Fame and the Professional Poker Hall of Fame.
Other inductees have included Kathy Liebert, Jennifer Harman, Kristy Gazes, Cyndy Violette, and Jan Fisher. The induction ceremony is held each year at the Golden Nugget casino in Las Vegas and this year’s ceremony is scheduled for August 12th, 2012 at 6 p.m.
Nominations are currently being accepted at the WIPHOF website. From the nominations, the finalists will be selected and voted on by the current members of the Women in Poker Hall of Fame, the Board of Directors for the WIPHOF, and selected media members.
Head over now and submit your nominations for this year’s class. When considering your nominations, remember the following criteria.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. A candidate must have been active as a player or industry leader for a minimum of 10 years prior to election and 35 yrs of age or older.
2. Player/industry leader must have contributed to the world of poker in some significant way. This person can qualify by either winning major poker tournaments, or by making significant contributions to the industry of poker.
3. Player/industry leader must be a proponent of women in poker.
4. All nominees must be approved by a committee of the Board of Directors and the Inductees.
5. Nominees must agree to terms & conditions of the Women in Poker Hall of Fame.